11.28.2011

The Walking Dead mid season finale


I was kind of pissed when I realized that The Walking Dead wouldn't be returning next Sunday, but there was a lot of stuff going on last night. It will be returning on February 12th, so it won't be TOO bad of a wait. But it'll probably kill me anyways. I'll be a Walker by the time it returns. If you've yet to see last night's episode, this post will contain some spoilers. Continue at your own risk.


So, I really enjoyed last night's episode. But I have a few questions I'd like to ask you all, to see if we're on the same page here. My own little version of Talking Dead, I guess.

1. Am I the only one who wishes Shane would get eaten already? He's a complete asshole to everyone around him, and I'm really getting sick of it. He has no compassion or regard for his fellow man at all. Maybe that's the way you need to be in a world full of Walkers, but still. I understand he's a survivor, but he doesn't have to be such an asshole all the time.

2. Was Shane right in releasing all the Walkers from Hershel's barn? I know he was trying to prove a point while simultaneously ridding the camp of danger. But I'm sure he could have gone about it in a better way. I agree with what Rick was trying to do: talk to Hershel and convince him that they weren't safe. If that didn't work, sure, then Shane could have taken matters into his own hands. But releasing about a dozen Walkers onto his camp? Now THAT'S dangerous.

3. Who is the father of Lori's baby? I hope it's Rick's, but it probably does belong to Shane. I don't even want to know what he'll do farther along in her pregnancy or when the baby is finally born. Of course, with the lack of DNA testing in their apocalyptic world, we'll never really know who the father is. Maybe they should try to find Maury...

4. Who else is upset about Sophia? I had really hoped that little girl would be okay, especially after all the trouble everyone (mostly Daryl) went through trying to find her. When I saw her shambling out of Hershel's barn, I almost broke out in tears. I will say, though, that she was quite the creepy one. Also, is it good that Rick was the one that killed Sophia? I was hoping they'd let her mom do it, so it could be someone very close to her. That way, it wouldn't just be killing some Walker. But I guess anyone would have been better than Shane.

So what do you think? Come on! Let's have a discussion here.

2 comments:

  1. Great conversation! I am way into this show too. Here goes my take :

    1. YES. Either that or he needs to have the hell beaten out of him. He is trouble.

    2. I think Shane was trying to prove something that they were dangerous. While it would have been better to burn the barn or shoot them from the loft above (even through the crack), Shane was out to prove a point in his own insane, in your face, way.

    3. It is Ricks. I think she said so 2 episodes back.

    4. It really sucks about Sophia but I expected it. Rick had to be the one to shoot it because that is what Rick does. He fixes problems and does what is right for the group. I think he proved it in front of everybody when not even Shane could take care of the biggest problem they have faced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know Lori told Rick that it's his. And she told Shane that, even if it did belong to him, he wouldn't have anything to do with it. I'm worried that he's convinced the baby's his, and he's going to try to kill Rick so he can claim it.

    I expected Sophia to be dead too, but I still didn't like it. I at least wanted her to eat someone. Preferably Shane. :)

    ReplyDelete