10.10.2011

The Walking Dead




So, I've finally jumped on the bandwagon. I'm a year late, but I just started watching the first season of The Walking Dead. I don't know how I missed it in the first place, but here we are. I'm really liking it so far, but I'm surprised they let so much gore onto television. I'm very happy about it, but surprised nonetheless. The zombies are awesome and very well done, and the characters are likeable (or very easy to hate). It takes place just outside of Atlanta, and being from Georgia, it's cool to hear them talking about things I actually know something about. I also like that I haven't yet heard anyone utter the word "zombie." I guess they're trying not to be quite so "cliche." I don't know, but I think it does give the show a little bit of an edge. They're not zombies; they're "walkers."



So basically, a policeman is shot and hospitalized. He wakes up and realizes that zombies have wiped out almost all other humans. He finds his wife and son with a group of other survivors, living up in the mountains. They're pretty much zombie-free at the moment, though one has shambled up there to feast on a poor little deer. I haven't gotten very far in the season yet, but I do know that I will continue watching, and I'm hoping to be finished with it before the second season starts up. PLEASE NO SPOILERS! I know I probably shouldn't be writing about it since I haven't finished, but it's all I have to write about at the moment. I've been sick lately, and this show is really the only thing I've felt like watching. But anyways, I'm enjoying it a lot. If you haven't watched any of it yet, it's available to watch instantly on Netflix, and I strongly advise you to do so.

Also, I have a poll up about the show. So, vote and let me know what you think of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment