7.22.2011

# 4 -- Terror Toons (2002)

Director: Joe Castro
Rating: 4 / 5

This type of movie is most definitely an aquired taste. I haven't looked around, but I'm sure there are tons of other reviewers bashing the hell out of Terror Toons. I will not be one of those reviewers, because I loved it. A lot of people will probably tell you to stay away, but I say, "Why the hell not?" You should give everything a chance at least, and you never know when you'll find something unique that you end up loving. It might be a guilty pleasure that you never tell anyone about, but whatever. I, personally, am not ashamed. Hi, my name is Jenny, and I love Terror Toons! 

I will be honest, though, this is one of the stupidest movies I have ever seen in my life, but that is why I love it. It was made to be stupid. I'm sure these people sat around in their movie-making meetings saying, "Hey guys, let's make he stupidest movie we possibly can." Well, they succeeded with flying colors. I'm not sure if they knew it then, but they also made one of the funniest horror movies I've ever seen. 

It starts off with a little girl. Now, I'm calling her a little girl because the way she acted, and the way her sister acted toward her, made her seem like she was about twelve years old. But she looked about twenty-five, and she definitely wasn't an eye sore. She and her sister were home alone, and Satan mailed them a video. Yes, Satan took time out of his busy schedule to mail these girls a VHS tape. They watched the video, and whatta-ya-know! The characters came to life!


Yes, those are the killers. I know, I know, but don't quit reading just yet. Humor me, okay? I know, a monkey and a mad scientist who looks like a troll? Sounds stupid, right? Well, we've already established that. But that's where Terror Toons gets its charm: in its stupidity. When these guys showed up, they danced around and laugh like tardos. And that tardo laughter was quite contagious, if you ask me. They did get to some pretty cool kills, though. That girl from the beginning got turned into a human ventriloquist dummy, which looked way cooler than you would probably expect from a movie like this. One man, upon seeing the killers do their dance, laughed himself to death. Yes, he laughed until his head exploded. Which is exactly what I felt was going to happen to me.

I know a lot of people don't share my taste in movies, but I also know that a lot of people do. Whichever is the case for you, that's okay. Just don't tell me that this movie is stupid, because I already knot that. It's goofy and weird, but doggone it, I was entertained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment