6.09.2012

#93 -- Dylan Dog: Dead of Night (2011)

Director: Kevin Munroe
Rating: 4/5

Going into this, I knew that it was based on comic books. So I knew it would either be really bad or pretty freakin' awesome. I haven't read the comic books, though I REALLY want to, but I'm sure they're badass. Dylan Dog is a private investigator for monsters: zombies, vampires, and werewolves. He's investigating the theft of a talisman belonging to a family of werewolves. If whoever has this talisman uses it properly, some bad shit will go down. It will create a horrible monster (even worse than the ones Dylan already knows) that is seemingly unstoppable. I thought this was going to be a horror comedy. While it did have some funny parts, it was just a good movie. Dylan encounters several werewolves (one of which is professional wrestler Kurt Angle), some very smart vampires, wimpy zombies, monster hunters, and one of the biggest, baddest zombies I've ever seen in my life.



While everything in this movie is good, the best part to me was Dylan's best friend Marcus. This guy was hilarious. After being turned into a zombie and losing his arm, the only replacement limb they can find for him is that of an african american. That in itself is pretty funny. But the zombies in this movie are very weak, and they're scared of everything. So, being a zombie wuss, Marcus makes for some very entertaining movie viewing. It definitely gives a different view of the monsters we know and love, and that's new and refreshing. Overall, it was very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment