12.25.2012

A Very Merry Creepmas

So, Christmas is almost officially over. I'm glad I don't have to do any more shopping, but I'll miss the togetherness that Christmas always brings. This year was pretty much the same as the last, with just one difference. This year was the first Christmas that I got to spend with my sister and her kids. It's a long story, and it took something extremely unfortunate to bring us together, but it turned out to be one of the best Christmases of my life. I'm very thankful that I got to spend it with my wonderful family. There was my mom, my dad, my aunt, my boyfriend and his son, my two nephews, my niece, and my sister. Then we headed on over to my sister in-law's to spend Christmas with her, her three children, and my mother in-law. And of course my boyfriend and his son (Dameon), plus Dameon's mom, her boyfriend and their daughter. There were a lot of people and a lot of love to be spread around. It was great. And, of course, I got some pretty great gifts.

Some of you might remember (though most of you probably don't) that my birthday was on the 23rd.


My step-son gave me this for my birthday. It's an ornament that he made in school. He said it looked like the gingerbread man had been shot in the head, so he decked him out with corpse-like features, and figured it would be the perfect gift for his zombie-lovin' stepmom. He was so right! I love this little guy.


My mom made this awesome birthday cake for me. Best one yet!


These came in a package full of little zombie figurines. There are plenty of other ones (I didn't want to fill the page full of pictures of them!) that are now scattered around my desk. They're awesome! 





These are a couple of DVD sets. The first one my aunt gave me. That eyeball is holographic, and it opens and closes when you move it.  The second was from my mom, and it's got some pretty great movies in it--like Night of the Living Dead and White Zombie. 



And this is perhaps the best one. The Walking Dead board game! There are a lot of components, and a lot of different rules. It's a little complicated at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's loads of fun. We had a great time playing it, and I absolutely love it!

So my Christmas was really great this year. I hope all of yours were just as wonderful. Merry  Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment